Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fall Break


So it finally came to me that I have completely forgotten to blog in the past couple of days. So here I go. Fall break finally came around but it went by way too quickly. So much to do, so little time. I worked Thursday and Friday morning, no sleeping in for those two days. Saturday began the Hindu the holiday known as Diwali. Diwali is the festival of lights and it marks the return of Lord Rahma to his kingdom. The two days of Diwali the whole family gets together and we all celebrate together. The celebration includes eating and just spending good ole time with all family members. On Saturday, my family(including my extended family) had sponsored a Diwali event in Murfreesboro where others joined us to celebrate. Our celebrating was cut short as we got a shocking phone call from India, notifying us that my great uncle had just passed away. So days of celebrating turned into days of mourning. Gratefully, my great uncle no longer has to suffer from his cancer and illnesses. After all of that I came back home Sunday evening. I thought to myself, "oh lord, I have way too much homework to do." Thankfully, Mr. Bevill gave me a little more time on the paper or I would have been a train wreck. To add to all of the work, I had to go to work at 5 A.M. on Monday. So waking up at four in the morning did not help the start of my Monday, and I had class until 7:35. Luckily, I got through the day fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment