Friday, September 11, 2009
September 11th Anniversary
Today marks the 8th Anniversary of the fall of the World Trade Center Towers. I can remember that I was in the fifth grade when this happened. Teachers were frantic and students were confused. We didn't know what to think. And once we find out that the towers had been attacked by terrorists, we were even more lost. The thought of terrorism never crossed our fifth grade minds, we were too caught up in going to recess. But September 11th was a turn for our country and our future. Since then national security has been tight and our country has been under close watch. So today we should take a moment and remember those whose lives were lost on that terrifying day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I remember that day too, sitting in my fifth grade class, clueless of what was happening. People ran in and out of our class, informing the teacher what was going on. I'd never thought about terrorism, it was a whole new topic I'd never known before. I remember going home and telling my mother, she doesn't get out much. But She seemed more confused than I did, of course I didn't completely understand still. I luckily did not lose anyone in that terrible tragedy, but I will always keep those lost in my thoughts.
ReplyDelete